Featured

WORD: Womb

So seriously, so many have been contending for their promises for the longest time! So often, they have become encouraged, only to be let down again and again. Often experiencing betrayal, rejection and defeat. Some have felt so disappointed, discouraged and lost,as they faced constant wave after wave of seemingly insurmountable circumstances of loss and despair. Even when things were supposed to get better, they did not. 
 
Becoming so discouraged they entered into an almost 'robot like' mode, just to keep going! Faced with incredible uncertainty and nowhere to turn, some have had to revisit the very foundations of what they believe. 
 
For some time now, I've found myself looking at a place of emptiness and darkness. As I looked longer and closer, I began to understand that the place of emptiness created in each pf us, through loss and disappointment, becomes a womb! 
 
With understanding I knew there was hope, however, my heart did not feel this and was no longer in it. It seemed to me the price to pay was misery and too great a price, for something I had desired for so long, but no longer wanted. Anyway, there was no chance of anything with a heart that did not feel. 
 
Surrendering, I laid it all down again. 
 
Hope deferred makes the heart sick, but a longing fulfilled is a tree of life. Proverbs 13:12 
 
However, for months I kept seeing this dark womb in my spirit and began to wonder what life would come out of there(..as though it was some distant place!) One day, it dawned on me that one could plant or attract either good or bad seeds into a womb, so I immediately began to pray, cleaning out all disappointments, discouragement etc. and speaking life over it. 
 
I found myself constantly watching my spiritual womb, even wondering what unexpected thing would come forth. You see, I was still counting on the faithfulness of our Father (Yahweh, the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob, who is my God).
 
I have kept constant watch over this darkness, still waiting for manifestation of my scroll. I have never seen anything in the darkness, but manifestation has begun in the light of day. 
 
After some time, I have begun receiving unexpected strategy and direction for my life. Surprisingly, some of it is where I've been before. I realise now that I previously never had the wisdom and knowledge I now have. I was not ready or equipped. It is in this season that I am well-prepared and ready. 
 
Nothing I have experienced has been wasted. So, it is in this place that I find my heart dancing, because I see that it is only our Father who always has a way of bringing us back to life, and even exciting us about His good plans for us, once again! 
 
Jeremiah 29:11 New International Version 11 For I know the plans(A) I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper(B) you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. 
 
So, if you identify with my experience, don't run, don't hide. Locate and give attention to the emptiness of the womb that has been created through the storms, in you! 
 
It's time to see your losses for the opportunities they represent. Wombs that birth new life. Allow our Father to be faithful. 
 
Its up to you to ensure good seeds are planted and nurtured, even when you don't feel like it or want it! 
 
Romans clearly states that challenges build our endurance and character. This is true. 
 
Isaiah 54:1 "Sing, O barren woman, you who never bore a child; burst into song, shout for joy, you who were never in labor; because more are the children of the desolate woman than of her who has a husband," says the LORD. 
 
It's never the way you think it is. Its never what you perceive it to be..Father will always surprise and restore you! It's time to rise, but nothing like before. Rise without religion. 
 
Rise into the form and shape of the One New Man who is on his way to becoming a mature Son of God/Yahweh. 
 
Shalom 
 
Sharon Wright Van Biljon 
23 August 2020

Comments

Popular Posts