Skip to main content

Featured

WORD: Womb

So seriously, so many have been contending for their promises for the longest time! So often, they have become encouraged, only to be let down again and again. Often experiencing betrayal, rejection and defeat. Some have felt so disappointed, discouraged and lost,as they faced constant wave after wave of seemingly insurmountable circumstances of loss and despair. Even when things were supposed to get better, they did not.    Becoming so discouraged they entered into an almost 'robot like' mode, just to keep going! Faced with incredible uncertainty and nowhere to turn, some have had to revisit the very foundations of what they believe.    For some time now, I've found myself looking at a place of emptiness and darkness. As I looked longer and closer, I began to understand that the place of emptiness created in each pf us, through loss and disappointment, becomes a womb!    With understanding I knew there was hope, however, my heart did not feel this and was no longer in i

PSALM 22



I want to draw your attention to Psalm 22. What takes place in this psalm is quite amazing!

We see again that David finds himself in a situation that is intolerable. Some may even see his behaviour as 'self-pity' by the way he speaks. There were many instances in David's life that were difficult for him and writing about these obviously helped. It's clear that he experienced utter despair, as so many of us still do today!

It's important to note that whenever David cried out to the Lord, he always referred to past evidence, occurrences, miracles and answered prayers, to justify his cries. It seems to me that David was very aware of Court room language and process.

He would always asked for vindication while pointing to the promises and saving grace of God, for all and everything that had occurred in the past. The manner in which he spoke also always gave HONOUR to our gracious, saving Father.

From verse 22 he declares what he will do, because he knows that God despises our affliction and listens. Notice the change from verse 1. It seems that as soon as we turn inward to commune with our Father, we once again begin to see and know the difference between TRUTH of who HE is in the LIE of our circumstances. Something instantly shifts in our perception, when we put our eyes (focus) on HIM! The giant circumstances shrink, while our God becomes gigantic in our sight!

If we ever wonder why we even go to these places, well let me point out something to you. Do you see that part of this psalm is an actual prophecy of our coming Lord Jesus! This is incredibly detailed for David who lived and died long before Jesus Christ was born! Did David know who he was speaking of, did he see the future?

One thing we know without a doubt, incredibly accurate word and knowledge came forth from his spirit during these trying circumstances! The last verse proclaims... for he has done it (NIV). This is almost the exact same statement that Jesus made while on the cross, ''It is Finished.'' WOW!

Do we really even begin to understand what can come forth and how Father works in and through us, regardless of our ability or strength. I know that I have often received a word from God that has completely blown my mind, when I have been at my worst. This has always enforced the reality of HIS existence in me, and that HE has no need of my strength.

In verse 28 it states that dominion belongs to the Lord and he rules over the nations. We know that He is our Father and when approaching Him as Judge, He rules justly and fairly, always in our favour, because of what Jesus has done. He rules over every one of us! Now that brings stability and security!

So, no matter what circumstances you find yourself in, take a lesson from Psalm 22. God can bring forth Great things, even in dire circumstances, for others, for you and on your behalf and HE will!

It's time to GIVE UP being so strong or whatever you're holding onto. How many know Father is not looking for strong people with strong wills??? You have to allow HIM to rise up from within you, then everything changes! There is no-one who can do this for you. HE is the ANSWER you are looking for. You set the limits.

Please comment and share what you see in this beautiful psalm that begins on a note of discouragement, yet is so ENCOURAGING!

Scriptures that come to mind:

Zechariah 4:10 New Living Translation (NLT)

10 Do not despise these small beginnings, for the Lord rejoices to see the work begin, to see the plumb line in Zerubbabel’s hand.”

(The seven lamps[a] represent the eyes of the Lord that search all around the world.) NLT.


Zechariah 4:6 NIV
So he said to me, “This is the word of the Lord to Zerubbabel: ‘Not by might nor by power, but by my Spirit,’ says the Lord Almighty.


So, Encourage yourself in the Lord in whatever you're doing and wherever you find yourself Son of God!

Bless You, Bless God, Much Love

Shalom

Sharon Wright Van Biljon

*PS. Please don't correct my spelling as I use several different dictionaries for my work, mostly USA and UK. I still make mistakes!


Psalm 22 New International Version (NIV)

For the director of music. To the tune of “The Doe of the Morning.” A psalm of David.

1
My God, my God, why have you forsaken me?
Why are you so far from saving me,
so far from my cries of anguish?
2
My God, I cry out by day, but you do not answer,
by night, but I find no rest.[b]

3
Yet you are enthroned as the Holy One;
you are the one Israel praises.[c]
4
In you our ancestors put their trust;
they trusted and you delivered them.
5
To you they cried out and were saved;
in you they trusted and were not put to shame.

6
But I am a worm and not a man,
scorned by everyone, despised by the people.
7
All who see me mock me;
they hurl insults, shaking their heads.
8
He trusts in the Lord,” they say,
let the Lord rescue him.
Let him deliver him,
since he delights in him.”

9
Yet you brought me out of the womb;
you made me trust in you, even at my mother’s breast.
10
From birth I was cast on you;
from my mother’s womb you have been my God.

11
Do not be far from me,
for trouble is near
and there is no one to help.

12
Many bulls surround me;
strong bulls of Bashan encircle me.
13
Roaring lions that tear their prey
open their mouths wide against me.
14
I am poured out like water,
and all my bones are out of joint.
My heart has turned to wax;
it has melted within me.
15
My mouth[d] is dried up like a potsherd,
and my tongue sticks to the roof of my mouth;
you lay me in the dust of death.

16
Dogs surround me,
a pack of villains encircles me;
they pierce[e] my hands and my feet.
17
All my bones are on display;
people stare and gloat over me.
18
They divide my clothes among them
and cast lots for my garment.

19
But you, Lord, do not be far from me.
You are my strength; come quickly to help me.
20
Deliver me from the sword,
my precious life from the power of the dogs.
21
Rescue me from the mouth of the lions;
save me from the horns of the wild oxen.

22
I will declare your name to my people;
in the assembly I will praise you.
23
You who fear the Lord, praise him!
All you descendants of Jacob, honor him!
Revere him, all you descendants of Israel!
24
For he has not despised or scorned
the suffering of the afflicted one;
he has not hidden his face from him
but has listened to his cry for help.

25
From you comes the theme of my praise in the great assembly;
before those who fear you[f] I will fulfill my vows.
26
The poor will eat and be satisfied;
those who seek the Lord will praise him—
may your hearts live forever!

27
All the ends of the earth
will remember and turn to the Lord,
and all the families of the nations
will bow down before him,
28
for dominion belongs to the Lord
and he rules over the nations.

29
All the rich of the earth will feast and worship;
all who go down to the dust will kneel before him—
those who cannot keep themselves alive.
30
Posterity will serve him;
future generations will be told about the Lord.
31
They will proclaim his righteousness,
declaring to a people yet unborn:
He has done it!







Comments

Popular Posts